It’s a new year and we are excited about starting things afresh. Resolutions, jobs, travel plans and even our fashion sense. Here are 10 trends that's sure to validate you as a style star in 2012.
1. Peplum dresses: Feminine and flattering, peplum details are popping up everywhere in 2012.
2. Peter Pan collar: From the sixties, the round Peter Pan collar has made come back.
3. Satchels: One of my faves in 2012 – ladylike and with the polish of a Hitchcock woman, the satchel will hold all your 21st century necessities.
4. Bangles: Stack 'em up. The more you wear, the better the look. You can mix metals and colors of different sorts.
5. Long skirts: Flowy, elegant and out to make a statement, long skirts are a good excuse to create a waist and wear great style this year.
6. Leopard prints: Always in style. From clothing to accessories, Leopard prints are huge in 2012.
7. Palazzo pants: Fresh, comfy and effortlessly chic – the Palazzo pants first made fashionable by Coco Chanel in the 1920’s and popular in the 90’s is a comeback in 2012. Wear with wedges or high heeled sandals.
8. High slits: While the runways have seen plenty of evening wear takes, you can also work a casual slit into your wardrobe. Pair a slit skirt with a cotton tank or tee for an effortless style.
9. African Prints: Like the LBD, African prints have been in on every season. From cocktail dresses to casuals, worn alone or paired with lace, tees, and blouses. They are even popping up in shoes, bags and jewelries. African prints have warmed its way into our hearts locally and on the global fashion stage.
10.Color-block: A huge trend in 2011 is here to stay in 2012. If you are still reluctant to jump on the color-block band-wagon, pair a color-block skirt or pants with a solid blouse, tank or tee. You can also try this trend in accessories.